Thursday, August 2, 2007

I Want Sweeney

Tim Burton’s upcoming adaptation of Stephen Sondheim’s Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet is driving me crazy with anticipation. I don’t think I’ve been more excited to see a motion picture in my entire life. For months now I’ve been searching the internet for any bits of information regarding the film. All I have so far to quench my geeky thirst is a promo one-sheet poster from Comic-Con. Needless to say it’s not doing the trick. Oh, what I wouldn’t do for a teaser trailer.

I can’t believe I’m this excited to see a Tim Burton directed movie. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed a great many of Burton’s offerings like Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, and The Corpse Bride. Tim Burton is also the man responsible for shattering the test tube with Batman Returns, Mars Attacks!, Planet of the Apes, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The dread of knowing such an uneven auteur handling one of my favorite pieces of art give s me nightmares.

No comments: