Saturday, May 12, 2007

California Knows How to Party

To Live and Die in L.A. is a vastly underrated movie. I just watched it again with a friend of mine this afternoon. Too many people pass it off as an eighties artifact. While it doesn’t rise to the level of director William Friedkin’s other well known cop film, The French Connection, it does merit a viewing only if to see the outrageous car chase that arrives in the second half of the movie. It easily tops the car chase from The French Connection with sheer intensity.

Plus To Live and Die in L.A. has the added bonus of having William L. Petersen… and for most of the movie he’s drinking whiskey and fantasying about jumping off a bridge. You just know some serious shit is going to go down in the movie.

1 comment:

My name is Ramses said...

This one is always at my library@ and I never rent it because it looks like one of the many action movies from the 80's.

I lose :(